Tuesday, February 21, 2012

February 21, 2012

I don't know about you, but I think President Obama is looking good for a February title here at Punt the Politician.

In a recent campaign stop in Cedar Rapids, IA, Obama took a new message to the people. He set aside class warfare for a brief moment to attempt to sell the public on a newer, more "realistic" American Dream.
"That's all most people want. Folks don't have unrealistic ambitions. They do believe that if they work hard they should be able to achieve that small measure of an American Dream."
Sorry, Mr. President. I, for one, have unrealistic ambitions. I believe that I have more opportunities than my parents had, and if I work hard my kids can have better opportunities than I have. I believe that if I work hard I should be able to achieve the full measure of the American Dream. I also believe that if, by the grace of God, I am able to make such achievements, it will be in spite of the government rather than because of it.

And let's not get into the fact that setting the goalposts lower will do nothing but breed a generation of underachievers...oh, wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment