Wednesday, February 15, 2012

More February 15, 2012

Since I skipped Valentine's day, I figured it was only fair that I include a second entry today. Actually, the United States Department of Agriculture gave me no choice.

Chicago is no longer the only place in which parental authority is challenged in public school cafeterias. In a story out of North Carolina, a preschooler's lunch was subjected to scrutiny by a federal lunch inspector from the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture. The lunch in question consisted of a turkey and cheese sandwich, a banana, chips, and apple juice. Sounds reasonably healthy, no? Well, the lunch inspector didn't think so. After he confiscated the child's lunch, he directed said child to the school cafeteria - where chicken nuggets were being served.

In reality, the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture should win multiple awards for this one action. It takes someone really special to label chicken nuggets a healthier option than the lunch the child had brought from home. And it takes someone who is more interested in keeping a job in the current administration than in what passes the idiocy test.

The Obama Administration should also be congratulated for their most recent (successful) intrusion into private American homes. I dare them to stand between me and my kids.

1 comment:

  1. AND...the parents were told to pay for the unrequested meal.

    ReplyDelete